Saturday 13 October 2012

Happy! Happy! Happy!


Date; 10th of October
Start time; 9:30
Finish time; 3;30


Hey! :)

     I had such a good day today! I love working in the chemist. I went in to work this morning and everyone was in a good, happy mood. 
     I got started off quickly as Shirley asked me to tidy up the cosmetics section. This was time consuming, but I didn't mind at all. I had to pull out the drawers and stock what ever was missing from the shelves. I liked this job, because, well, i'm a girl! It took me about an hour to re-stock all of the make-up section but it was good fun as a few customers asked me which was best and things like that.
     I then got to check out how the till and lazer card machine works. I got to serve a few customers and give them their pre-ordered prescriptions. Shirley also showed me how to lock and change the screen from stocking items to serving customers.
     After lunch, Caroline asked me to do a job for her. I was to open the new boxes ordered, which were filled with empty bottles, and to cap them all for her. This took forever, but a job's a job and I got on it like a bonnet! The cramps afterwards in my hands were mental, but what can ye do, I'll live!
     I also had to get permission from Martina, my supervisor to go to the dentist for an hour next Wednesday. She approved and I was really happy that I didn't have to re-arrange my appointment again!
     I had a good day today, and I learned that one job is better than no job. So far, i'm really enjoying working in the chemist, I just can't wait to start my other two work placements!

No comments:

Post a Comment