Tuesday 2 October 2012

First Day Of Work!


Date; 26th of September
Start time; 9:30
Finish Time; 4:00




Hello,

   Wow! work experience was brilliant yesterday. I had the best time ever. I started at half nine and finished early, at ten to four.
   Firstly I went in and I greeted Martina who is my supervisor, and all my other work colugues. I met Dr. Walsh, The head pharmacist Shirley and my routine manager Richard. I also met lots of lovely customers and my dad even popped in to see how things were going.
    I was really nervous going in but when I introduced myself, everyone was really helpful and showed me the ropes. I was first given the job to date check some boxes of tablets, creams and oils. That went really well, I ended up throwing away a good few items and got to re-stock the ones that i'd thrown away.
    Re-stocking was very easy. I really liked this job. Richard logged me on to the computer and thought me how to register and count the items needed. I had to scan whatever item was needed and press a few buttons on the keyboard and Hey Presto! they were ordered. This was a good bit of training, and I was glad they trusted me with the responsibility to do such a big thing, one slip of a zero and god knows how many could be delivered the next morning.
   I took my first break at eleven o'clock, and sat down with a mug of hot chocolate. As soon as I had finished I was determined to make a really good impresion when the manager walked in. The manager was really nice and her name was Bee, which is short for Beatrice. She gave me instructions to make teas and coffees for the staff and get Dr. Walsh to sign some documents.
   Later that afternoon, I was shown how to work the till to serve the customers.  I also got to stamp the car park tickets. This was pretty cool as I got to meet lots of lovely customers and help them out.
    During the day, the only problem that I had was my back started to really hurt. It was so painful I was forced to take my break early, so I took it from 1 o'clock until 2 o'clock  Other than that, I think I did really well, and I hope the staff at the chemist do too.
    I have to admit the best part of the day was when my daddy came in and visited me out in the big world of work. I got to serve him and go and collect his prescription. I didn't really have a worst part of the day, the only fault that I had was my back aches, but I just brushed that off my shoulder.
   I learned that the chemist is a place where I can be myself, and that I can really achieve a goal when I go for it.  I also learned that, the work place that i'm in has a set structure to report a problem. It starts off as a worker and then eventually gets told to either Dr. Walsh or Shirley. The world of work is a lot different than school. It has many different duties attached to it and people are depending on you. I think that I'd rather stay in school than in work!

No comments:

Post a Comment